Register for Rice University School Mathematics Project 2017 Summer Campus Program
Summer Session 2017
Two Weeks: June 5-9 and 12-15, 2017
(8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Join us for the 31st annual Rice University School Mathematics Project Summer Campus Program.
• A rigorous mathematics instruction program for teachers of grades K-12
• Active approach to learning mathematics
• Concept-based learning activities
• Curriculum development
• Mathematics topics which enhance and transcend traditional classroom mathematics
• Emphasis on motivation, applications, and problem-solving in mathematics
• Use of technology and manipulatives in the classroom
• Instruction by Master Teachers and Rice faculty
• Lectures by distinguished mathematicians and mathematics educators
• Professional development and gifted education hours
• Rice graduate credit (pending)
• Academic-year follow-up
• Summer and academic-year stipends (pending)
To be eligible to participate in this program you must have at least a bachelor's degree and be a teacher of record of mathematics.
The fee for this program is $1800. UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE, AN INVOICE WILL BE SENT TO YOUR SCHOOL/DISTRICT. Please make sure that funds are secured before completing registration.
Monday, June 5, 2017 8:30 a.m. to
Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:30 p.m.
If you have questions about this event, contact:
Gloria Briones - firstname.lastname@example.org 713-348-6076
Registration Type Options:
Required fields marked with a *